Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dragonfly Song

Dragonfly Song
10 x 8 mixed media on watercolor paper
by Miki Willa
I created this collage using handmade paper, card images, sheet music, batik fabric. I enjoyed working with the deep oranges and reds in this piece. I really like the use of old music books to remind me that there is music in all the earth's creatures if we listen hard enough.
I am still trying to learn how to do successful image transfers. If anyone has a suggestion about where to go to learn this technique, I would really appreciate it.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Miki,
    Beautiful collage, wonderful texture & colors!
    Thank you so much for leaving your lovely comment on my blog! It is so nice to meet you!
    I’m so glad you stopped by and entered in my giveaway, Good Luck!
    Hugs, Carol Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miki,
    I jumped over here from your other blog to take a look at more of your collages...very beautiful...love the red and all the layers..like your titles also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work. I took a workshop with Darlene Olivia McElroy and she has a wonderful book on transfers. It's called Image Transfer Workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your collages are amazing. I love the composition of them, too.

    When you visited my blog, you asked where to find punchinella. I got mine in an exchange, but I have heard you can get them from skybluepink.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collages, love the mixture of colors, textures and compostion.

    THANKS for stopping by and entering my Blogoversary. Good LUCK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your recent visit to my blog to see my Diary Quilt Along finish. Glad you like the little blocks. THey were tricky to piece, but we had good directions. Your collages are lovely. I like the way you've been incorporating the music staff into the layered papers. You have many expressive pieces.

    ReplyDelete