Sunday, June 7, 2009

Altering paper with paint



I have been having almost as much fun altering paper for my collage work as I have been creating collages and visual journal pages. Above are parts of four papers. The papers on the left and right are done on watercolor paper. The green one is on shiny palette paper. The red is a page out of a newspaper. I have used all but the red, which I just created, in my collage work. I have decided that one can never have enough papers for collage. The best thing is I can use paper I have anyway from magazines, newspapers, grocery bags, and the list goes on. Wonderful way to learn about color and paint application. I used sponges or old credit cards for each of these.

1 comment:

  1. Truer words were never written. You can never have too many hand made or hand painted papers to compliment the other flotsom and jetsom that swirls in and out of our lives.

    ReplyDelete